ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (350+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 14 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a Product Marketing Manager - CDI to join our Marketing Team. You will report to the Head of Marketing & Communication and you will be a key contributor of the deployment marketing projects. The applicant will be in close and effective cooperation with all business units and play a vital role in the following activities:
Content Development & Product Marketing
• Serve as deputy for Head of Marketing & Communications, enabling cross functional collaboration and achievement of ambitious growth targets;
• Manage strategic content development from concept to final material delivery, taking into account market specificities, commercial strategy, competitive landscape and Descartes’ internal expertise;
• Run qualitative and quantitative assessments of existing and missing commercial content and work cross-functionally to build and test informed marketing material;
• Serve as the link between underwriting and commercial communications in investigating and building improved product positioning. This includes analyzing sales conversion of existing product portfolio and assisting in the development of alternative product pitches, taking into account localization and industry segment specificities;
• Manage global KPIs related to product market fit and sales conversion targets.
• Serve as deputy to build insurance media targeted content and relevant/useful thought leadership library. Investigate and drive selected distribution and deployment with media;
• Build formalized relationships with tier 1 journalists or media outlets (e.g. NY Times, BBC, The Economist) to provide Descartes’ data insights on various climate risks. This will serve to support both high quality journalism on climate topics and wider brand awareness.
Your missions will evolve in the future as Descartes is growing fast and many exciting projects are waiting for you. It's a unique opportunity to take a closer look inside a fast-growing start-up with huge ambitions!
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Completed a master’s degree from a Business / Engineering school / University;
• 3 years’ experience in Insurance or Finance or Consulting or related Field; • Ideally with some initial management experience in order to serve as a mid level manager of Paris-based marketing team.
• Fluency in French and English (written and verbal communication) mandatory;
• Ability to understand insurance & financial terms, as well scientific and complex technical information;
• Self-motivated and ambitious, with high attention to detail and work ethic; • Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; • Eye for quality and attention to detail;
• Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
• Ability to take a proactive hands-on approach to solving current and forthcoming problems;
• Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi cultural environment;
• Eager to learn more about the insurance industry and committed to the organization’s mission;
• Autonomy and ownership in his / her work;
• Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
• Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.);
• Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
• Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity; • You can benefit from a punctual home office days.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.