Business and Operational Project - Intern
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for an intern from May / June 2023 for 6 months to reinforce the Operations team. Reporting to the Business Srategy Lead, you will work in close collaboration with all departments of the company, as part of the execution of missions on different scopes.
Your tasks will include :
- You will be responsible for projects in the operations team with a strategic focus;
- Projects are usually cross-functional and include multiple stakeholders;
- You will have the opportunity to take ownership of at least one larger project while managing stakeholders across departments;
- Examples of projects include: supporting the Operations and HR set-up of a new international hub, designing and implementing processes for our newly incorporated full-fledged insurance entity.
- Prepare material for strategic meetings (e.g. board meeting, management committee, quarterly business review), reports for investors and other key stakeholders;
- Help to define new operational strategies and processes;
- Miscellaneous other operational tasks depending on the needs and priorities of the team (e.g. cross-team communication, tools implementation, etc.).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current or starting a master degree from a University or Business school;
- An internship experience in a fast growing start-up or a management consulting company would be a plus.
- Rigorous, analytical and pragmatic;
- Curiosity, force of proposal;
- Strong listening skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Adaptable and agile, you demonstrate excellent priority management skills;
- Autonomous and curious, you are able to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment;
- Excellent team player, interpersonal and communication skills enable you to be a force for proposal and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers;
- Work in an environment which encourages innovations, new ideas and contributes to change the way insurance is done.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.
- Paris (HQ)
- Remote status
- Temporarily Remote
About Descartes Underwriting
Descartes Underwriting offers a new generation of parametric insurance against climate risk. Utilizing state-of-the-art risk modelling techniques and advanced technology, we collaborate with brokers around the world to protect corporate and public sector clients against natural catastrophes and weather risks.
Business and Operational Project - Intern
Loading application form