Junior Internal Auditor - Alternance
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for an apprentice from September/October 2023 for 12 or 24 months to reinforce the Internal Audit team.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, you will work in close collaboration with all departments of the company, as part of the execution of missions on different scopes.
Your tasks will include :
- Participation in the various phases of an internal audit assignment, the perimeter of Internal Audit activities covers all the departments of the company (including the subsidiaries);
- Participation to the different meetings with the other control functions (Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Control) and represent Internal Audit when required;
- Helping regularly updating the company's audit risk assessment;
- Participation to the preparation of the company’s audit committee;
- Participation to the preparation of Internal Audit reportings to the senior Management and the Board;
- Support the Chief Internal Auditor in the performance of cross-functional assignments.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current or starting a master degree from a University or Business school;
- An internship experience in internal or external audit would be a plus.
- Rigorous, analytical and synthesis skills;
- Curiosity, force of proposal;
- Strong listening skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional English.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Adaptable and agile, you demonstrate excellent priority management skills;
- Autonomous and curious, you are able to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment;
- Excellent team player, interpersonal and communication skills enable you to be a force for proposal and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Be part of an international team (+26 nationalities), passionate about diversity;
- Work on very interesting topics alongside world's experts in their field;
- Highly exposed to the Top Management of the company as well as external parties;
- Work in an environment which encourages innovations, new ideas and contributes to change the way insurance is done;
- Attractive compensation package: remuneration from 1,300 euros depending on profile, luncheon vouchers, access to the CSE, very high level of mutual insurance cover, 60% transport cover, possibility of teleworking.
HOW TO APPLY?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.
- Legal, Compliance, Audit & Strategy
- Paris (HQ)
- Remote status
- Temporarily Remote
About Descartes Underwriting
Descartes Underwriting offers a new generation of parametric insurance against climate risk. Utilizing state-of-the-art risk modelling techniques and advanced technology, we collaborate with brokers around the world to protect corporate and public sector clients against natural catastrophes and weather risks.
Junior Internal Auditor - Alternance
Loading application form