ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Descartes Underwriting is seeking a Product Marketing Manager - CDI to join our Marketing & Communications team. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing & Communications, you will be a key contributor to deployment and improvement of marketing and communications transversal projects. The person in this role will be in close and collaboration with different business units and play a vital role in the following activities:
- Serve as the link between underwriting and commercial communications in investigating and building improved product positioning.
- Run qualitative and quantitative assessments of existing and missing product content and work cross-functionally to build and test informed marketing material.
- Analyze sales conversion of existing product portfolio and support development of alternative product pitches, taking into account localization and industry segment specificities.
- Manage global KPIs related to product market fit and sales conversion targets.
- Serve as the marketing deputy for initial go-to-market communications once products reach a certain stage of development, enabling the cross-functional team to have a smoother GTM ramp and marketing roll-out.
Thought leadership and media ambassador
- Serve as deputy to build media targeted content and relevant/useful thought leadership library. Investigate and drive selected distribution and deployment with media.
- Build formalized relationships with tier 1 journalists or media outlets (e.g. NY Times, BBC, The Economist) to provide Descartes’ data insights on various climate risks. This will serve to support both high quality journalism on climate topics and wider brand awareness.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of related experience that demonstrates skillset.
- Previous marketing, communications or product marketing management experience in insurance, finance or consulting sector is highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Native or bilingual proficiency of English required (spoken & written) – professional command of additional languages (e.g. German, Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese…) is valued.
- High level of digital literacy with the ability to learn new technology, product frameworks and processes quickly.
- Eye for quality, and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal);
- Proactivity and autonomy;
- Coachable and comfortable working in teams and autonomously;
- Eager work on data-driven products that are changing the insurance industry;
- Interest in climate, science, and technology related issues;
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity;
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, trainings, company events, etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers ;
- Benefit of a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.