ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40 and launched Descartes Insurance, a ‘full stack’ insurer licensed to underwrite risk by the French Regulator (ACPR). With a growing corporate client base (250+ and counting) - our diverse team is headquartered in Paris and operates out of our 12 global offices in North America, Europe, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As part of our strong growth, we are looking for an intern from June 2023 for 6 months to reinforce the Internal Audit team. Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, you will work in close collaboration with all departments of the company, as part of the execution of missions on different scopes.
Your tasks will include :
- Participate in the various stages of internal audit missions, particularly in the areas of finance, operations and IT;
- Participate in the regular updating of the company's risk mapping;
- Support the Chief Internal Auditor in the performance of cross-functional assignments.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current master’s degree from a University, Business or Engineering school;
- An internship experience in internal or external audit would be a plus.
- Rigorous, analytical and synthesis skills;
- Curiosity, force of proposal;
- Strong listening skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional English.
- Eager to learn more about the insurance industry;
- Adaptable and agile, you demonstrate excellent priority management skills;
- Autonomous and curious, you are able to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment;
- Excellent team player, interpersonal and communication skills enable you to be a force for proposal and interact with internal and external stakeholders.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity;
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes ? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don’t hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.