ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors, in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40. With a growing corporate client base (150+ and counting) - our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, Denver, Atlanta, London, and soon Madrid.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to our consistent growth, we are expanding our IT Service currently consisting of two people. You’ll help users with all the IT solutions and be part of structural IT projects, system, network and security. Our infrastructure is totally on the cloud, so there are no servers to manage in our office.
A roadmap with some IT projects is already defined, but your point of view and your experience can be shared to adapt it. You’ll have to discuss with all users and be able to explain solutions that we’ll install and configure. You must find the solution with the least impact during the implementation phases.
🔔 KEY MISSIONS 🔔
- N1 and N2 user support (for internal users only) in France and worldwide in French language and in English:
- prepare and install workstations
- Manage onboarding and offboarding for our employees
- install applications
- handle user requests
- ensure the management of the infrastructure and the maintenance in condition
- manage the inventory for all IT equipment
- Network cabling on site
- Participate in IS projects
- Participate in the definition of technical solutions.
- Management of IT equipment on our sites: allocation and recovery of PCs / monitors etc ..., stock management, maintenance in operational condition, etc. ...
- Implementation and maintenance of the documentation
- Evaluation of prices and purchases of computer equipment (purchases will be validated by the CIO)
- Interaction with partners (including contacting Dell in case of hardware failure)
- Reporting to the CIO in case of suspicious events
- Suggestion of adaptations to IT solutions
TECH STACK 🖥️
- Windows – Linux
- Google Workspace
- ID Management
- Laptop: premium DELL XPS 15
- OS: Windows
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS 👩💻👨💻
- Sense of service: you will be required to collect users' needs and understand their problems. You will have to find/propose adapted solutions, explain them and deploy them while limiting the impact on their activities.
- Relational skills: you will be dealing with users with heterogeneous knowledge. You will have to adapt your interventions according to your interlocutors.
- Organizational skills: at the request of the CIO, you will be given objectives that you will be able to achieve by breaking them down into sub-activities. You will periodically report to the CIO on their progress.
- Ability to work independently and implement solutions discussed with the CIO
- Ideally you have at least 5 years of experience in IT support and administration in IT service.
- You recognize yourself in the following skills:
- User support and capability to understand and explain some technical points
- Knowledge and use of the main enterprise services
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Directory rights.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of security aspects
- A plus could be your knowledge of Google Workspace
- Strong interest in climate issues (it’s not a hoax, many people suffer from it)
- Being comfortable to work alongside corporate insurers (some still wear suits 👔)
- Willingness to help junior developers (remember how you were when you started 💬)
- Strong team spirit and ability to work (you’ll have to review code and have your code reviewed)
- Rigorous, creative and meticulous mind (we handle large insurance, we take our time)
- Strong desire to learn (there’s no limitation to the tech used, we’re happy to test and learn new tools)
- Eagerness to work in a multi-cultural environment (policies and teams are from all around the world 🗺️)
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Opportunity to work and learn with top data scientists from the most prestigious schools and research labs in France, allowing you to progress towards technical excellence;
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.);
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment;
- Be part of an international team that values diversity;
- Benefit from a nice referral scheme for successfully referring peers;
- You can benefit from a hybrid work mode thanks to our telecommuting agreement.
HOW TO APPLY
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly start-up atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.
- Step 1: Call and HR Interview with our Talent Recruiter
- Step 2: Manager interview
- Step 3: Final round interview with the team