ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. After a successful Series B raise of $120M USD, Descartes Underwriting is proud to be recognized among the French Tech Next40. With a growing corporate client base (150+ and counting) - our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, London, Madrid, Frankfurt and Hong Kong.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
In close collaboration with Head of Marketing & Communication and Commercial Director, UK & Ireland, the UK Marketing Project Manager position will play a vital role in the following activities:
- Engage with marketing leads at industry partners and broking houses to support event organization & collaboration
- Support relationship management and communication with key trade institutions & media outlets, such as AIRMIC and Instech
- Review past opportunities to build to support development of an effective pipeline for new business
- Support opportunity qualification process and data provision/transfer process with broker partners
- Maintain an updated list of key events across the UK & Ireland, ensuring that all critical industry events remain on Descartes’ radar.
- Lead active engagement with event organizers to ensure speaking & sponsorship opportunities are secured for relevant UK industry events & collaborations with broking partners.
- Participate as a representative of Descartes UK team at market events, digitally and in-person
- Support sponsorship & budget management and reporting for all UK events.
- Support event asset design and production, including invitations, goodies and Descartes branded materials for UK based events
- Liaise with Descartes’ Growth Marketing Manager for event specific landing pages and lead generation
PRESS & MEDIA RELATIONS
- Support UK roll-out of important company announcements, including office openings, product launches and fundraising news – this includes management of pre-release date announcements and interview coordination.
- Expand our media and trade publication contact network across the UK, generating and feeding corporate or product-specific news to key publications and journalists at a regular cadence.
CONTENT CREATION & LEAD GENERATION
- Support execution of Descartes’ wider communication strategy on key social media and market specific media channels.
- Help manage our marketing tools through various channels for the UK market – website, social media, webinars, etc – and assist in scoring and filtering qualified contacts for efficient sales handoff.
- Play a key role in the creation of thought leadership, brand awareness, and product marketing content, while supporting posting schedule for multiple markets and geographies.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Marketing/Communication or 1+ years of related broking or insurer experience that demonstrates skillset
- Previous communication experience in one or more of the following fields is highly desired: science & technology, climate or environmental topics, finance, insurance
- Excellent attention to detail, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Native English speaker required – Good command of one additional language (e.g. Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish…) valued.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with marketing techniques & tools: social media management, campaign development, website content management, graphic design, CRM platforms, including Hubspot and Salesforce.
- Familiarity with insurance industry, including the London and UK domestic markets, is highly desired
- High level of digital literacy and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong desire to learn and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Results oriented, high energy, with the ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent team player with an entrepreneurial mindset and value of diversity
- Motivated to help improving businesses’ and communities’ resilience to climate change
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Opportunity to work and learn with top data scientists from the most prestigious schools and research labs in France, allowing you to progress towards technical excellence
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.)
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers
- You can benefit from a hybrid work mode.
HOW TO APPLY ?
You may check off several but not necessarily all the expected boxes? Motivation and feeling are key elements for us!
If you want to develop your skills and work in a friendly startup atmosphere, don't hesitate and send us your application! https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
At Descartes Underwriting, we are committed to fighting against all forms of discrimination and for equal opportunities. We foster an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
With equal skills, all our positions are open to people with disabilities.