LOCATION – Paris, France
CONTRACT TYPE – CDD
EXPERIENCE LEVEL – 1-2 years
START DATE – As soon as possible
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. Our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, Denver, Atlanta, London, and soon Madrid.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to hire a driven and passionate Events Project Manager to jump on board our Marketing & Communications team to support our internal and external events, both in-person and virtual, across our key markets.
This position reports to the Communications Manager, your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Maintaining an updated list of key events across our global hubs, ensuring that all critical industry events remain on Descartes’ radar.
- Budget management and reporting for all events.
- Supporting event asset design and production, including invitations, goodies and Descartes branded materials for commercial and recruitment events.
- Liaise with Descartes’ Growth Marketing Manager to build and manage event landing pages on website and track leads.
- Provide event satisfaction reports and insights based on collected data.
- Assisting in securing sponsorship opportunities for relevant industry events.
- Supporting logistical event operations.
- Coordinate invitation lists for internal events.
- Secure team registrations for external events as needed.
- Fluency in English and French
- Completed studies in the events, communications, marketing or a related field
- Previous experience in events in the tech or climate space is appreciated
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Office, and virtual meeting tools (Zoom, MS Teams). Proficiency in HubSpot and WordPress is appreciated.
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.)
- Work in a collaborative and professional environment
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers
- Benefit from a hybrid work mode
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the perfect challenge, please don’t hesitate to submit your application and resume on: https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/
HR interview with our Recruiter
- Case study assignment
- Manager interview
- Team interview