LOCATION – Paris, France
EXPERIENCE LEVEL – 1-2 years
START DATE – ASAP
ABOUT DESCARTES UNDERWRITING
Descartes was born out of the conviction that climate change calls for a revolutionary approach in insurance to better protect corporations, governments, and vulnerable communities. We offer a new generation of parametric insurance that builds resilience against the full spectrum of climate and emerging risks. Utilizing Machine Learning and real-time monitoring from satellite imagery & IoT, our state-of-the-art climate tech provides innovative coverage for all trade sectors in all regions of the world. Our diverse team operates out of our global offices headquartered in Paris and based in Singapore, Sydney, New York, Denver, Atlanta, London, and Madrid.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Project Manager to join our Marketing & Communications team. The Communications Project Manager will support our internal and external communications strategy by owning the production of content related to Descartes work. To succeed as a Communications Project Manager, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position reports to the Communications Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to implement Descartes’ communications strategy based on our target audience across our key global markets.
- Write, edit, and distribute high quality content, including white papers, blog posts, press releases, newsletters, website content, talking points, and other marketing material that communicates Descartes’ activities and products.
- Work cross-functionally with commercial and data science teams to develop regular market facing and technical blog posts on a quarterly basis
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand through content creation across new and existing channels.
- Ensure that written content is well positioned for SEO under the guidance of the Growth Marketing Manager.
- Manage HubSpot contact lists for newsletter and marketing content distribution.
- Passionate about research and writing - this is essential to thriving in your role
- Native level English required
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- 1-2 years' relevant experience in a communications role
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Google Docs, Google Slides, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, as well as WordPress and HubSpot (preferred)
- Able to provide a portfolio of previous examples of work
- High preference for candidates based in Paris, open to remote locations under specific circumstances
WHY JOIN DESCARTES UNDERWRITING?
- Commitment from Descartes to its staff of continued learning and development (think annual seminars, training etc.)
- Work in a collaborative & professional environment
- Be part of an international team, passionate about diversity
- Benefit from a referral scheme for successfully referring peers
- Benefit from a hybrid work mode
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the perfect challenge, please don’t hesitate to submit your application and resume on: https://www.descartesunderwriting.com/careers/